Monday, June 20, 2011

A Special Monkey Cake!



After completing his Chinese Law course in Hong Kong, from Manila I have called his hotel long distance and special ordered a monkey cake from the Hotel restaurant to surprise him and to also celebrate his achievement even though we are thousands of miles apart.

Though it didn't turn out the way I expected it for he got drunk the night I have the cake delivered to his room, I was still touched by the Thank you email he wrote for me 18 hours later.


Love Struck Monkey!
[01/29/11 at 2:31pm]

Thank you [A], from the bottom of my heart. Actually, when I returned from The Philippines the first time, I said to my uncle and dad, I have met a girl and I think I’m going to do something rash, and my uncle said "what? Like marry her!?" and I said yes, which was greeted with silence. My uncle played a silent violin which, unmarried as he is, marks his attitude to marriage, which is largely similar to my own. I think marriage is fought with danger for independent people. In KK and the second trip to Manila it further reinforced my absolute belief that you are the one. After meeting u, my dad, uncle, brother and sister-in-law agreed. I know I haven’t shown my love enough, mostly because I’m unused to the whole idea but I will improve over time. You don’t know it, but you already have the fantastical support of me, I will do anything for u, and will happily support you in the future to achieve whatever you want to. I haven’t proposed to a girl before and actually I don’t believe in love at first sight. But for some reason I told Rhine and <sorry hangover, struggling to remember her name> that I liked you on the final night in Catbalogan. And through that one act, I have met the girl of my dreams so I have become truly happy. Know though that I only want the best for you so choosing gifts is difficult for me, I don’t have a long history of giving gifts to show my love because I haven’t really fallen in love with anyone before, but now that I have Ill improve on the gift giving front ;) And for an unselfish action like sending the cake, a quick message or one line email simply isn’t appropriate, actions should be met by like actions, love should be met by love, not by a departing boyfriend, with no shirt on, insisting that he didn’t order a cake, and slowly nodding his head when asked if it’s his birthday!

In Arabic they have a proverb - maha salaama - to walk without fear 
With you in my life, even when you are not by my side, it’s the easiest thing in the world :)

The happiness you have brought me will only increase when we get you a visa, so that we can spend our lives together! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment